Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fruit Fly Trap

Long time no blog.  I've been in Colorado for 3 weeks (will blog the cool trip soon) and came home early to attend my Pawpa's funeral.  Pair that along side back to school and it's been crazy on the Roxy home front.

Here's a quickie for ya.  I came home to an over abundance of fruit flies.  One of the darling men in my life left a little something for them before we went on vacation >:-(  Although I'm not exactly sure which one.  Anyhow, here it is!

I've heard (and tried) several different methods of gnat traps, but this one works the best and is the least icky!

Balsamic Vingar
Dawn Dishsoap

Put down enough balsamic to more than coat the bottom of a bowl or small custard dish, then add about  a tsp-tbsp (depending on the size of bowl) or dish soap.  Swish the bowl around a little to mix and tada!


4 comments:

one faux mommy said...

apple cider vinegar works too

Roxy3giraffe said...

I've tried the apple cider vinegar before but I don't seem to have the luck attracting/catching them as I do with the balsamic!

Kayla said...

We use any vinegar we have plus soap and a little bit of juice and it traps those little f-ers like crazy! :)

Sami H said...

I just get a small container of apple cider vinegar, open it and leave it next to the sink. Works like a charm for me :). Im afraid to leave any bowls anywhere because a-im afraid my daughter would eat it and b-i bought all of my dishes pre-baby and they are all glass and shes a curious kid.