With Valentines Day coming up, I thought I'd share with you a homemade gift idea, which I got from the wonderful PaperVine.
I used twine instead of metal clips and didn't distress the cards (although I think the combined twine and distressing would look fab together). I also hand wrote my "reasons". Personal preference here. But when we're gone, something as simple as our handwriting can make someone smile. I cherish the recipes that were hand written by my Grannie. I have the same rule when scrapbooking, etc... Even if you think it's a mess, it can be special to someone else.
If you need a little help thinking of 52, I'll start you off with my, "The way you hold my hands under the pillow". A few others from my deck;
- "You like to watch documentaries with me".
- "Working out together".
- "You make better coffee than me" (Very true. He used to work in a coffee house and while I'm a wonderful cook and baker, I can not make a decent cup of coffee to save my life).
- "You pay the bills because they stress me out".
- "You let me drive most of the time".
- "You overlook how I get hangry" (Anger stemming from hunger lol).
- "I always feel safe when you're home".
Here is the link to her blog post, complete with detailed instructions (Including pictures. A girl after my own heart) and the templet which is available for purchase from $4.99. Not bad for the price tag on a present for a retail holiday.